Adopt “Break Glass” Acceptance Criteria for your Agile Teams. After all, if you don’t have time to do it right the first time how do you have the time to do it twice?
“Break Glass” simply means not open to multiple interpretations… it’s either broken, or it’s not.
Some key considerations include:
• Clear minimum acceptable outcome with no ambiguity
• Criteria must be defined prior to being considered “Ready”
• Can take the form of a short checklist
• Written to avoid miscommunication/misinterpretation
• Shared and reviewed w/ the team prior to starting work
I hope you find this helpful!