Here are some Agile tips for large organizations:
1. Increasing Access to Customers Reduces Risk: if your teams spend more time engaging with your customers and getting direct feedback, the teams are far more likely to build what customers truly want.
2. Retrospectives Are Key to Improvement: if teams do not honestly review their failures, successes, challenges, and strengths they can’t efficiently improve.
3. Stakeholder Communication is Required: teams must have open lines of communication with internal stakeholders in order to accurately prioritize their work against the larger organizational roadmap.
4. Things Change and That’s Great: change is inevitable and if you are not changing you are not listening to your customers. Teams should look forward to opportunities to change direction and to choose higher priority work over lower priority efforts.
5. Remove Dates from High-Level Objectives: If we’re honest they aren’t accurate, they weren’t accurate, and they never will be accurate. They only cause friction between product and delivery so in essence they are a net negative influence.