Craft Your Morning Around Self-Care
Establish a routine of spending your early mornings doing things you enjoy. Maybe a quiet cup of coffee while sitting on a patio or curled up on the couch reading that novel you have been meaning to start. Give yourself permission to start your day for you rather than for your job. Do something each morning that becomes a ritual you look forward to rather than one you dread.
It is easy to just lay in bed wishing you could fall back asleep and cringing when you think of the work that may have piled up overnight. That isn’t healthy and it will only get worse as you repeat the behavior turning it into a habit. Instead focus your energy on creating a new pattern. One that puts you firmly in charge of starting your day off right.
Here are a few new morning routine ideas:
- Take your cup of coffee for a walk around your neighborhood
- Grab a cozy spot and read a few chapters in a good book
- Make a new or favorite breakfast item each morning
- Read something about a vacation you are planning
- Draw a little or pick up a hobby like crocheting or cross stitch
- Write a letter or a blog post
- Take 1 photo each morning of something beautiful
These are just a few ideas to get you started thinking about what you would look forward to doing each morning. Try several ideas until one seems to fit your lifestyle and let it become the reason you look forward to each new day!
What is your ideal morning like??