High Performing Teams begin with open communication but that is just the first step.
The idea is to create a cycle that continually improves the team as they work.
1. Open lines of communication – so that issues, attitudes, ideas, opinions, and impediments are shared
2. Permission to fail – so that team members take risks in order to innovate and deliver novel solutions
3. Psychological safety – so that team members feel free to share their feelings and judgments more completely and more often
4. Confidence to be creative – creative ideas are welcomed even if they don’t solve today’s issue, creativity spawns more creativity and better solutions
5. Improved adaptability & performance – now start the cycle again!